Old 16-01-2004, 11:03 AM
Victoria Clare

Default Mesembryanthemum selfseeding

Martin Brown wrote in news:JQIuAEU
:

There is at least one purple flowered mesemb that has naturalised on the
cliffs of SW England. But it has smoother more triangular leaves than
the common "ice plant". I'd be a bit surprised if that survived a UK
winter, but an unusually tough specimen might. I have one still hanging
on in N Yorks!

I've seen that on the coast in Cornwall. Nice little plant, but it's a lot
milder down there than up here, where the weather is more Dartmoor than
coastal.

I meant to say in my other post that the odd thing about this plant is that
it only germinated in October, so all its growing has been done in the
wintertime!

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill