Old 16-01-2004, 06:35 PM
M K Rogerson

Default Celeriac, what am I doing wrong?

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

Last night I watched Delia, yes, I know it's sad, but that's the way I am!

She was talking about cooking vegetables, and one of them was
celeriac, during the programme she picked up one she was using
and it was HUGE, about 5 to 6 inches in diameter.

Now, mine are between 1.5 and 2.5 inches.

So am I digging them too soon?

Should they be left to grow on another season?

Or is it something else?

Alan
--

Alan, I've tried several times and cannot produce supermarket sized roots.
Best I've managed was about half the shop size. I gave up and just buy them

Martin R