Old 16-01-2004, 11:32 PM
Alan Connor

Default Self-Sufficiency Acreage Requirement?

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 22:13:04 GMT, Jonathan Ball wrote:

Mary McHugh wrote:

Alan Connor wrote:

May I suggest that before responding to any posts here, that you take a
look at the name of the newsgroup and the title of the thread?

Just a wee thought.....

To which newsgroup are you referring? This thread is being cross-posted to 5
different newsgroups.

That's always one of the problems with a petulant
demand from some responders to trim the cross-posts. A
new responder has no way of knowing which group the
person to whom he is responding is reading.

There is one obnoxious moron in a couple of newsgroups
I follow (David Harrison, , aka
****WIT) who regularly adds newsgroups to the original
set when he's responding. As I know he'll see my
response in the appropriate groups, I always try to
remember to trim the superfluous ones he adds.
Sometimes, however, I forget.

You make good points. I didn't add any of those groups myself, and they
seem to be of the sort that would find this thread interesting.

But I'll watch it in the future more closely.

AC