Old 17-01-2004, 03:43 AM
animaux

Default Privacy hudge suggestions for Houston, TX

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 00:45:24 GMT, SJE
opined:

Thank you all for the suggestions.

Bamboo is intriguing, but I am going to need almost 150ft worth...is
this a maintenance nightmare? I don't mind trimming on even a weekly
basis, but I don't want something to spread out of control.

I've been reading about green giant arborvitae. Would this tree grow
in Texas or is it mostly a northern tree?

Well, it depends on your soil and pH levels, etc. They are not a widely used
shrub for here. It is not a tree.

I suggest you take a look at this website and call around. Maybe take a ride
out to the Houston Arboretum. You can find that info on this website, too.

http://www.npsot.org/Houston/plant_l...antSources.htm