Old 17-01-2004, 08:36 AM
Mike

Default Gardening charges

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message

For maintenance I have to charge by the half-day as my clients are

spread
out. This works well for them and me.
Neil

Can you throw a little more light on the hours in half a day, the rate
either per hour of per half day and do you regard travelling in your own
time or your customers?

As I said earlier the local"man" to here (just S. of Staines) charges a

min
of 4 hours and the last I heard it was £14 per hour but he isn't a trained
gardener, just an odd job man, grass cutter and cleaner up. From what I've
seen he is also very busy.
--
Regards
Bob

Thanks Bob, I will pass that information on to Steve. That seems both a good
rate and fair for the sort of work he would want to do I believe. As I said
he is a trained gardener, but has to start somewhere, and I know for a fact
that people do ask if that workman can do other things. A lady asked me to
change a tap washer because the bathroom tap was dripping. Looooonnnnnng
story but from that, I touch nothing I do not have any idea about :-(((

Mike