Old 17-01-2004, 11:32 AM
Hassen bin Lai

Default Help on getting orchid to flower

"Robin Norton" wrote in message ...
I got an orchid as a gift in 5/02 and it was then in bloom. It did not
flower last year and I'm hoping it will do the business this year. It gets
all the light that the Dublin/Irish climate can offer. It's behind a big
glass door on the sunny side of my house.
I think it's called a Cymbidium. Thanks in anticipation
Rob N

Does it have very long narrow leaves like swords? My cymbidium blooms
yearly without fail. I think having cool temperatures is the most
important factor. It is outdoors till the temperature drops to around
5 in October. My house in winter is between 13 to 15 at night and not
much warmer during the day. I do not fertilize and it only gets
direct morning sun. Direct midday sun burns and kills some leaves.
My blooms usually in February.