Old 17-01-2004, 01:36 PM
Bpjea

Default Crescentia

"rjb" wrote in message

# 04 looks like the fruit cluster of some Attalea palm. [...]
Perhaps Attalea tessmannii?

You gave me at least some base for further search, thanks

Your picture 7 is a stand of palms too far away for me to recognize.

In Europe it's like that, that one can easyly identify a tree just standing
50 m away from it (because there's not so many species here)(of course not
every tree).

Maybe
an Oenocarpus or Euterpe. Can't really say anything about the palm in pic
8. My profession is plasma-physics and my hobby is beetles.

I know something about it I'm not doing in plants profesionally. I've
studied electrical engineering

I'm surprised you don't get more response from real
plant people.

I'm glad that at least You've been so helpful

Greetings,
Bpjea