Old 17-01-2004, 01:46 PM
Rhiannon S

Default Privet Hedge

Subject: Privet Hedge
From: "Neil Robertson"
Date: 17/01/2004 10:48 GMT Standard Time
I have just moved house and have a large privet hedge standing 8 feet high
and probably 4 feet wide! I would like to keep the hedge there for the time
being to give us privacy but can I prune it really hard, say 6 feet high and
reduce the width by 2 feet? Will it grow green again? If so when would be
the best time to prune?

From my (limited) kknowledge of privet. You can cut it anytime to anyamount
and it'll still grow back. Even cutting right down to the ground results in it
coming back even faster the next year.
--
Rhiannon
http://www.livejournal.com/users/rhiannon_s/