Old 17-01-2004, 06:15 PM
Chris Hogg

Default Wysteria

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 22:07:43 -0000, "anubis2"
wrote:

I have acquired a white wisteria which has been allowed to overgrow for
several years. Does anyone have a good method of pruning?I have been told
that twice a year, serious pruning in December and March is good but which
bits should one cut back. I have made a start on the thin suckers growing
from the main stem and the tangles.

Thanks
Richard

Mine was grown from a cutting taken eighteen months ago. Last year was
it's first flowering, and it was profuse. Subsequent growth was
considerable, but I didn't prune it at all, but this year there are
far fewer buds. It'll get hard pruning later!

--
Chris