Old 17-01-2004, 07:14 PM
Lynn Boyd

Default [IBC] Chye Tan: The Spirit of Bonsai Design - Book review

Peter,

You open my thoughts again to making some study of Zen - and I will,
since it seems to pop up in anything to do with art -books, critiques and
has been for the last few years.
I have been thinking about what Billy, in Florida, said about
younger urban folks maybe having more interest in bonsai with the
situations made in the book to connect to.
For all the Zen books now in the art shelves, how to draw, paint,
etc, it is becoming part of the Context of art. Since art does evolve
from changing contexts in culture maybe we should look at it as something
that is becoming influentual. It may grow as part of the critical
viewpoints.
Probably a lot of bringing it about may be based on thin
assumptions, but that is the nature of people trying to establish
something different in a rather "set" situation,- a way to begin a change.
Now I am in a quandry - do I want to read it or not.

Lynn
Pardon me, Billy, for not copying your msg, but it took this slow mind
awhile to put it in place, where I think it is a "pointer."

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mark Zimmerman++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++