Old 17-01-2004, 11:14 PM
J Kolenovsky

Default Privacy hudge suggestions for Houston, TX

Bamboo could get out of control. The root runs will show up in your
neighbors yard. To eliminate that you could out down a steel root
barrier in the soil.

Arborvitae is a northern plant. They get leaf thin-out and look thinned
in the middle and bottom. You probably are looking in some catalogs and
saw these. If you are, consider some advice. I used to do that. Ordered
out of those mid and northern catalogs. I have ripped out all of those
plants purchased during 1992- 1997 becuase they aren't from these parts,
they aren't native, some got invasive, some got diseases, some required
a lot of work and some were just plain ugly as they got older.

If I could get you to consider native plants (again, I ask this - you
posted same topic 30 days ago), you will find that you'll have wildlife
in your yard, no pests or diseases, little fertilizing to do (using an
organic fertilzer), less maintenance and a higher quality of life. Ask
Victoria or ask me. We went with natives and people drop in the street
to admire the natural beauty of a habitat with native plants. Stop my my
website, http://www.celestialhabitats.com - business or my home habitat,
http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden and view the pix and read the data. It
will be convincing enough.

J. Kolenovsky
Native Plant Society of Texas, Houston Chapter VP
(don't forget my invitation to you to come to our meetings and get free

-- =

Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/personal.html - personal