Old 18-01-2004, 12:32 AM

Default rhubarb

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 04:02:44 +0000, SAS567 wrote:

Anyone have any idea what causes rhubarb to be excessively sour?

Thanks!

I have a green variety and Canadian Red and every piece of rhubarb I have ever
eaten is sour. I have a lot of good, sweet recipes for rhubarb.
Sue in Mi. (zone 5) with a foot of new snow and temps in the teens.

No matter which variety you have, sugar is an unfortunate necessity when
preparing it as sauce or pie. Some varieties are more sour than others.
It seems as though the redder the stem, the less sugar required.