Old 18-01-2004, 02:42 AM
Franz Heymann

Default wildflowers or weeds?

"sahara" wrote in message
om...
thanks for all you enthusiastic replies! Particularly for victoria's
ideas (will be looking for camassia bulbs this weekend) and i like
alans approach too, although i can't say i'm planning to spend 25
years here (need a bigger garden!).
I wont let the lawn get long enough for rosebay willowherb or cows
parsley so hopefully i wont get anyone as upset as Franz seems to be.
Either way it will be an improvement on the vineweed infested space it
was before we moved in.
Although i am not planning to grow any of these what is so bad about
Leycestria formosa, euphorbias and cotoneaster?
And what is Leycestria formosa anyway?

Both my wife and I love Euphorbias, and we have a goodly selection of them
in our garden. Every spring, however, we swear that next year we are going
to get rid of them, because they spread like wildfire.

Franz