Old 18-01-2004, 06:14 AM
Diane Epps

Default Wysteria

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 22:07:43 -0000, "anubis2"
wrote:

I have acquired a white wisteria which has been allowed to overgrow for
several years. Does anyone have a good method of pruning?I have been told
that twice a year, serious pruning in December and March is good but

which
bits should one cut back. I have made a start on the thin suckers growing
from the main stem and the tangles.

Thanks
Richard

I too have a white wisteria it is a venusta, which is very vigerous. I

have just pruned it back to one or two buds. This looks very drastic but it
works well. The long whiplike stems should be pruned back to 3-4 buds in
October and then back to one bud in February.
hope this helps