Old 18-01-2004, 03:03 PM
Kathie Kathie is offline
Registered User

Location: Durham, NC
Default Lucky bamboo stopped growing

Quote:
Originally posted by Phisherman
I purchased 6" stick of lucky bamboo stick last summer. It had a
1/2" sprout coming out of the top side. Per instructions, I have been
changing the water (using rain water) every two weeks and keeping it
in bright light, no sun. I have it growing in a glass jar, half filled
with gravel with temperatures around 65-70. The top quickly grew new
green leaves, but now it has stopped growing. I went back to the
dealer, and he said "they behave that way." I asked if potting it in
soil would help make it grow, and he said that it would die if I did
that because it needs constant moisture. Anyone know how to grow a
large lucky bamboo? And, how do some grow in spiral shapes?
I have three lucky bamboos which have grown huge (1-2' )per year, through the method of just watering them once in a while like everything else! I think that changing out the water is disruptive to the root system, and removes nutrients unnecessarily. Try just leaving it alone--and wet. The curly ones, by the way, are trained that way from tiny shoot stage. Hope this helps...
Kathie