Old 18-01-2004, 03:12 PM
madgardener

Default bulb questions

Thanks.

Thank you for suggestions.

By the way, I'm in the land of ice and snow, the land of cheeseheads, the
land of the Pack: Wisconsin!

ok, you don't have to mix any pebbles in with your tulips. You have sandy,
glacial soil right? Well tulips have been bred in Holland, despite that
they originally came from Turkey. It's been so long since tulips hailed
from Turkey, they wouldn't know how to act if we replicated the conditions.
But getting past all that...............you have sandy soil. Throw in some
bulb food when you plant those plugs, and mark the spots so you can find
them in the fall and sprinkle some more bulb food over those areas again adn
you'll have better luck at your tulips than I do here in Eastern Tennessee
where I plant mine in raised soil above the red clay.............
madgardener, zone 7, Sunset zone 36, East Tennessee (I love cheese, a LOT
g)