Old 18-01-2004, 04:33 PM
J Kolenovsky

Default Privacy hudge suggestions for Houston, TX

Ligustrum problems:

http://www.msue.msu.edu/msue/imp/modzz/00000857.html
http://www.oldhouseweb.com/gardening...01700561.shtml

Cercospora leaf spot on privet/ligustrum =

We again are seeing a lot of this leaf spot in the clinic just as we did
as last year. Almost all ligustrums have this disease to some extent.
Symptoms are characterized by a light tan spot with a dark brown border.
Occasionally, severely infected leaves will drop but for the most part
the disease does not cause significant damage. It may be of concern to
homeowners but the disease does not merit a full blown spray program
like Entomosporium leaf spot. General leaf spot control practices and
good cultural care are usually enough to keep this disease in check.
Infection is favored by free moisture on
the foliage, such as after rain or from overhead watering. Avoid
overhead watering and keep the area around the plant clean of debris.
Infected leaves should be removed and thrown away. Selective pruning to
increase air circulation will also reduce disease incidence. For those
folks who insist on spraying, Daconil 2787 and Fung-Away are labeled for
leaf spot control on ligustrum. Target protection of new, expanding
leaves this spring. Clients should follow label recommendations for
rates and method of application.

zxcvbob wrote:
Ligustrum if you need something less toxic.
=

Best regards,
Bob

-- =