Old 18-01-2004, 05:06 PM
Kay Easton

Default A site for conifers?

In article , Bob H
writes

Hi Kay, yes I can well appreciate there are an enormous number of different
varieties!
I suppose it was a bit too much to ask. Yes I think that would be the best
way....go to a local nursery.
I'll keep that one up near Yeadon in mind.

I thought of you when I was up there today ... junipers come in all
sorts, from cypress look-alikes to things which almost look like pines,
and of course lots of colours. best of luck! Sacha's idea is a good one,
to look in catalogues. I was wondering whether to recommend one of the
'ornamental conifer' books - IME plants websites haven't yet got the
wealth of text and other diagnostic features that you find in a good
book.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: