Old 18-01-2004, 05:14 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Bpnsai feelings, was/Chye Tan: The Spirit of Bonsai Design

Jim Dolce wrote:
For me, bonsai is not just about beauty and horticulture. From

the first
bonsai I saw, there was something about these trees that

touched my spirit.
And when I work with my trees, I am often filled with a sense

of being that
is outside my everyday life. Its not just a communion with

nature. Its
something more that I cannot readily communicate.

I also feel this way about working on my trees and viewing

others. I have tried to describe the feelings, but only succeed
in convincing others that feel the same.

How many others feel like this about bonsai practice?

Kitsune Miko

I can't imagine anyone taking up bonsai unless they don't have
some similar feeling. The kind and scope of the feeling probably
depends on your individual proclivity toward things mystical,
spiritual, or religious.

The more spiritually detached among us probably have to be
satisfied with the peacefulness that comes with working with
trees -- or just sitting out in the deep woods (on a day when the
mosquitoes aren't too thick). Ma Nature nurtures those kinds of
feelings.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - The ignorant
man marvels at the exceptional; the wise man marvels at the
common; the greatest wonder of all is the regularity of
nature. -- George Dana Bordman

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mark Zimmerman++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++