Old 18-01-2004, 06:32 PM

Default fluorescent lights and seed starting

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 17:58:43 +0000, Salty Thumb wrote:

C wrote in newsan.2004.01.18.17.35.33.470059
@yahoo.com:

How close do fluorescent lights have to be to indoor propagation trays
to be effective? I would like to use the ceiling lights I have in the
basement. If I were to set up a couple of sawhorses with propagation
mats, do you think I could get by with the ceiling lights, or will I
have to lower them to within a foot or so of the seeds?

Everything I've seen says you should put them really close like within
inches, but my pet theory is you can build a hugh reflector (or two) from
leftover AOL discs and just use the ceiling light.

That's what I thought. Now, if only I can remember where I put that bag of
AOL CD's!