Old 18-01-2004, 09:13 PM
Cheryl Isaak

Default New show on PBS, P. Allen Smith?

On 1/18/04 9:57 AM, in article , "madgardener"
wrote:

the one I loved was the Perennial Gardener with a gray haired lady and it
seemed to come out of Minnesota or somewhere midwestern.

She was great wasn't she!
I also really liked the older couple from Michigan (I think). They could be
such a hoot!

We got it when
Direct TV provided random PBS links to the station. Now that the option is
gone, I am forced to get my local PBS which is fine most times, but haven't
had the privilege of seeing that neat show. I had to stop watching Victory
Garden for the first time in decades because I'm almost always scheduled to
work on Saturdays. It hasn't the same feel since Roger Swain left and
Russell Morash quit producing it.

I can not stand the new show. It talks down to the viewer.

We won't get a flame started about Marion
and her cooking It's been done and I'm aware that not everyone liked
Marion.

It was better than the current format of Iron Chef meets guy with nervous
laugh.
Or an numeric scale of 10 being perfect segment, Marion was 4 and the new
one is a -10!

Cheryl