Old 18-01-2004, 10:34 PM
Bevan Price

Default Windbreak/Hedge

"Steve Harris" wrote in message
I have a wind funnel at the side of my house and I want to do something
about it. Currently I have a 6' wooden palisade fence across the wide
entrance to the funnel fronted by some young Leylandii.

I caught part of GQT today where they were talking about Jerusalem
Artichoke as a very quick and effective hedge that wouldn't get too
tall. Checking up, JA isn't suitable for my case because I want it still
to be there during winter.

But it got me thinking. Surely there is a fast-growing, self-limiting,
low-maintenance, good-looking, all-seasons, six-foot hedge plant out
there?

You missed the part where they said that any shrub or tree that grew very
quickly rarely stopped at six feet.
Shrubs with low maximum heights usually grow slowly.

Bevan