Old 19-01-2004, 12:32 AM

Default Quick Q regarding rabbits

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 00:14:10 +0000, Ignoramus3274 wrote:

I asked this question in misc.rural already, but want to run it by a few
more people. Can meat/fur rabbits survive if they are being fed a diet
that is mostly lawn clippings? I am upset that I waste so much time and
lawn grass due to all this mandatory lawn trimming, and am thinking about
having rabbits between months of May/October, or some such, and feed them
lawn trimmings. will it work?

I already own two chickens and they are doing great, even in -5F weather,
in an unheated shed.

I can't believe anyone feeds rabbits, the bane of gardens. I feed mine
steel pellets delivered via slingshot.