Old 19-01-2004, 01:25 AM
Ann

Default Spring has Sprung!!

"Brian" expounded:

In the UK this has been an exceptionally mild winter and feel so sorry for
those of you in the US with such freezing weather.
Locally [Cornwall SW] we had 250 out-of-season species flowering on New
Year's day [figures from local paper] not counting those remaining from last
year~~ Roses,fuchsias, chrysanthemums, cyclamens and lilies etc. Roadsides
have miles of full flowering gorse.
All of the UK is well above the 50 degree latitude and without the Gulf
Stream would be similar to mid Canada~~ though without Polar Bears!
I hope your Spring is not too far away.
Best Wishes.

Ah, Cornwall, I would love to go back. So peaceful and serene, I
really fell in love with the place. A gardener's paradise!

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA