Old 19-01-2004, 04:13 AM
Cereoid-UR12-

Default Lucky bamboo stopped growing

That is a sure omen of impending doom!!!

Your demise is eminent!!

That's no great loss since you are just some nobody from nowhere.

What do you care how they spiral?
You won't be around long enough to try it yourself!!

Be sure to stay away from severe weather, crowds, airports and men with
hats!!

Phisherman wrote in message
I purchased 6" stick of lucky bamboo stick last summer. It had a
1/2" sprout coming out of the top side. Per instructions, I have been
changing the water (using rain water) every two weeks and keeping it
in bright light, no sun. I have it growing in a glass jar, half filled
with gravel with temperatures around 65-70. The top quickly grew new
green leaves, but now it has stopped growing. I went back to the
dealer, and he said "they behave that way." I asked if potting it in
soil would help make it grow, and he said that it would die if I did
that because it needs constant moisture. Anyone know how to grow a
large lucky bamboo? And, how do some grow in spiral shapes?