Old 19-01-2004, 04:35 AM
B & J

Default OT 'BABY IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!'

"MLEBLANCA" wrote in message

In all honesty, I don't miss the extreme cold and snow a bit. Getting out

of
northern MN was the best "move" we ever made.

John

Well I did live in the ne Ohio snow belt for 20 years, so I did get

acquainted
with shoveling snow, scraping ice, dead batteries, walking in a blizzard,
and 20 pairs of identical black "galoshes" with no names all sitting
in the hallway dripping snow melt! :^
We had about 3 snow days built in the school calendar, and if we
went over those 3, then days were added on in June.
I was not a bit sad when it came time to move back to California.....
now I can drive 30 miles and play in the snow and come back to dry.
Emilie

There are worse places than Ohio in the winter, but I'm happy you are
enjoying your California home and weather. To be honest, I prefer a four
season climate with occasional snow in the winter that melts in a couple of
days. Our winters gives me a period that I can stay out of the yard and
think about what I want to plant in spring. We did have a couple of
unusually warm days about a week ago (upper 60's) that drove me to clean out
winter weeds from perennial beds. Today we had a high of 42, which allowed
me time to sit in the sunroom and work on seed orders without feeling guilty
about neglecting something outside.

John