Old 19-01-2004, 04:38 AM
Paul

Default Craftsman Rechargeable Lawnmower battery problem

Saw a post from awhile back about a problem with a rechargeable
lawnmower.
No one in that thread posted a resolution to the issue, so
thought I'd ask again.

I bought a Sears rechargeable lawnmower 2.5 years ago. Last summer,
the lawnmower no longer would hold a charge. So I bought a new
battery. Worked great for awhile, or about four months, until that one
wouldn't hold a full charge. I just bought yet another battery, the
second in less than 6 months. Something's not right.

One other thing: Sears no longer sells the original battery model but,
instead, a replacement. Problem is, it doesn't fit. It's too tall. So
I have it installed lying on its side. Is it okay to mount a lawnmower
battery in a position other than upright?

Please advise if you can. This is getting expensive and ridiculous.

Thanks.

PM