Old 19-01-2004, 06:35 AM
BrownThumb

Default Quick Q regarding rabbits

"Ignoramus3274" wrote in message
I asked this question in misc.rural already, but want to run it by a
few more people. Can meat/fur rabbits survive if they are being fed a
diet that is mostly lawn clippings? I am upset that I waste so much
time and lawn grass due to all this mandatory lawn trimming, and am
thinking about having rabbits between months of May/October, or some
such, and feed them lawn trimmings. will it work?

I lived next door to rabbit-for-food owners for a coupla years. My
understanding from people who raise other livestock is that grass is
not varied enough for much of any animal, all by itself. I'd compost
the grass, use it to grow other things, feed the other things to the
rabbits. My neighbors fed the rabbits all of their edible vegetable kitchen
clippings.