Old 19-01-2004, 10:32 AM
PK

Default Windbreak/Hedge *

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
The message
from (Steve Harris) contains these words:
In article ,
(Bevan Price) wrote:

You missed the part where they said that any shrub or tree that grew
very quickly rarely stopped at six feet.

Oh, I did hear that bit. They also mentioned Jerusalem Artichoke.
Sure, it's not a tree or shrub but it's plant. Hence my reference to
"hedge plant"

Besides, J. artichokes don't stop at six feet. Mine went up to ten
feet this year, and I hadn't prepared the ground further than digging
it.

Jerusalem artichokes would be a perfect part of the
no-dairy-no-meat-no-wheat-no-alcohol-lots-of-pulses detox diet I did a few
years ago, and which i nicknamed the Chicago Diet!

And of course perfect for a windbreak (;-)

pk