Old 19-01-2004, 11:43 AM
Ignoramus3274

Default Quick Q regarding rabbits

In article , Fito wrote:

"Ignoramus3274" wrote in message

I already own two chickens and they are doing great, even in -5F
weather, in an unheated shed.

What makes you think they are doing great? Try this experiment: Put on
layers of clothing to replicate what you think the chickens are protected
with. Go outside in sub-freezing weather. Sit in an unheated shed. Come back
in the Spring and tell us that you did great and I will believe that the
chickens are ok. Ok?

I am not a chicken...

What makes me think that they are doing great is the fact that they
look nice and make 2 eggs per day. They have non-frozen water at all
times because I bought a "heated pet bowl" at walmart fr them, and I
insert my waterer into the bowl. It was on sale for $5, I cannot
believe it.

They also have plenty of bedding, which is just leaves from my trees
that I collected in the fall. Non-frozen food, as well (not rock hard
frozen, I would say).