Old 19-01-2004, 03:34 PM
Janet Baraclough ..

Default Windbreak/Hedge

The message
from (Steve Harris) contains these words:

In article ,
(Janet Baraclough ..) wrote:

If your garden isn't too cold, how about a row of phormium tenax, or
escallonia.

Thanks. The Pormium wouldn't look right, Escallonia looks interesting.
How fast does it grow? I notice that "apple blossom" and "Langleyensis"
has AGM H4

I've only got a year's experience with escallonia. Once established,
plants round here seem quick growing (not 6ft in a year though) and
hedges of it require annual pruning. "Apple blossom" is exceptionally
pretty imho, and longer flowering than the red ones.

Janet