Old 19-01-2004, 04:33 PM
Ross

Default North America After the Collapse

Good disasters to ya,
VLJ
--
Take only pictures, leave only bullet holes ...

I asked in an earlier post which disaster was under discussion here, because
there are a few possibilities.

1. Global warming-which is happening now.

2. Nuclear winter which could happen if the wrong people press the button,
or terrorists somehow- hopefully not for many years.

3. Fossil fuels used up. Oil production is expected to peak in about 10
years, which will bring prices up. No big deal, but what is next?
In 250 years humans will use up all the fossil fuels that took 5 billion
years to create. I don't remember god telling us we could do that?

4. Overpopulation and diminishing food supply- But hopefully this can be
managed somehow.

So is this all loony? Maybe, but it is all real and we hope that "THEY"
whoever they are, will solve these problems. I am 43 so I think I will make
it off the planet in time, but what about the little tikes of today and
tomorrow?

Overall, a sustainable way of life sounds better to me than trying to solve
these problems with technology.