Old 19-01-2004, 06:37 PM
Tzeentch

Default Questions about Java Moss

I live in Montreal and I bought my Java Moss right here (at a store called
Aquarius http://www.aquariusweb.qc.ca/), so yes, it can be imported in
Canada. This stuff grows so fast it's about to take over the appartement
over here. I started with a golf ball worth of the stuff, and now it's
covering a small peice of wood so well that I don't see it anymore, plus I
have enough for another tank (the stuff now covers about 20% of all
available area in my 20 gallons).
It is really great plant with almost no needs.

Tz

"Rick" wrote in message

"Gerry" gerry @ howlett.ca wrote in message
. ..
I have a 90 gallon that I got 2nd-hand complete with 3 gigantic java

ferns
and some amazon sword.

I've been reading that java moss looks pretty on logs, and I was

thinking
of
adding some. But many LFS (Toronto/Mississauga - Canada) don't stock

it,
and one even suggested that it's a pest and pernicious weed. Should I

be
rethinking my desire to introduce java moss?

Gerry

I'm in Winnipeg and I have never seen it in a LFS here. Matter of fact I

am
going to a local store today to buy some plants and have a friend that

works
there. I will ask him about importing Java Moss. I was also told that it
cannot be imported into Canada. I have 30+ tanks and almost all with the
exception of some of my cichlid tanks have Java Moss in it. It looks great
on your driftwood , is invaluable in tanks containing Corydoras as a
spawning material and removes copious amounts of nitrate from the water.

Rick