Old 19-01-2004, 07:19 PM
Frogleg

Default OT 'BABY IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!'

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 15:21:28 GMT, "D Kat" wrote:

"Frogleg" wrot

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 23:21:34 -0600, "B & J"
bjskeff@removecox-internetcom wrote:

Thanks for the invitation, but no thanks. I subbed in the school where I
taught for a few years after I retired, but after we moved to our new
location that ended. After thirty-five years in the classroom, I found

the
last ten years far less pleasurable than the first twenty-five. This

latter
period was when students gained court ordered rights, which meant keeping
students in my class no matter how disruptive they were, and cutbacks in
school funding increased class sizes (35-40).

Where did you teach? And what level? A friend in Nevada teaches 3rd
grade and says her normal class size is 20-22; this year, due to
transfers, she's down to 16. I swear I remember 28-32 from my (long
ago) public school education.

Where in Nevada?

Elko. Small, but not a one-school town.