Old 19-01-2004, 07:19 PM
Frank White

Default North America After the Collapse

In article ,
says...

I've been lurking in this thread for a while and it has given me much
interest and not a little amusement, but I have a question.

At risk of sticking my nose in from UK, What is the scenario regarding

the
apparently/allegedly overdue supervolcano brewing up under Yellowstone,

and
its
aftermath?

If what I've heard is correct, it might equally involve this side of the
pond.

Or is that a whole different thread? .

Steve

The assessment is that all of Yellowstone is the caldera of a
massive, still active volcano, and *IF* - which is a mighty big
'if' - it goes off at full power it will devastate most of the
western U.S. and have global consequences of horrific proportions.

However, although there are some changes taking place there -
a huge bulge developing at the bottom of Yellowstone Lake, the
ground in some areas of the park becoming so hot it can't be
walked on - there is nothing to suggest immediate danger.

FW