Old 19-01-2004, 07:59 PM
Reka

Default Question about parents!

"Al" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
The species percentage chart in wildcat is interesting but it can easily
mislead and should only be used as a vague guide to understanding what a
particular plant or group of plants will look like. If the tiny purple
flower genes of equestris are heavily selected for over 15 generations of
hybridizing the chart might hint that the plant is only 5% equestris

(since
it was used twice 13 generations ago) but the flower might look very much
like equestris and indeed have inherited a much greater or lesser

percentage
of genes from this species. Gene segregation during sexual reproduction

is
not known for it's mathematical precision.

Of course! Do you look exactly like your siblings?

This throws up an interesting question, however. Is there any way Wildcatt
can give you an example of all other hybrids that are also, like Phal Orchid
World, 50 % amboinensis, 25% amabilis, 12.5% lueddemannia, 12.5% violacea?
It would be an adventure to seek out other hybrids and compare their looks.
If I had Wildcatt, I would give it a try, but unfortunately I don't.
--
Reka

I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

---