Old 19-01-2004, 08:02 PM
Nick Danger

Default North America After the Collapse

Ross wrote:
I asked in an earlier post which disaster was under discussion here,
because there are a few possibilities.

1. Global warming-which is happening now.

Whether or not this is caused by humans (or even happening)
is not certain. The earth has seen global climate change
many times in the past that had nothing to do with man.

2. Nuclear winter which could happen if the wrong people press
the button, or terrorists somehow- hopefully not for many years.

Now there's an idea. Whether or not man is causing "global
warming", man could correct it. Man could also probably fix
the "nuclear winter" by vaporizing an appropriate volume
of ocean with nukes.

3. Fossil fuels used up. Oil production is expected to peak in about 10
years, which will bring prices up. No big deal, but what is next?
In 250 years humans will use up all the fossil fuels that took 5 billion
years to create. I don't remember god telling us we could do that?

Nuclear power. Since you seem to have a direct line to God,
did God say we could or couldn't use our God-given brains
to develop nuclear power?

4. Overpopulation and diminishing food supply- But hopefully this
can be managed somehow.

Once again, nukes... the answer to all our problems. I've
seen the future, and it glows.