Old 19-01-2004, 09:01 PM
Ignoramus18897

Default Quick Q regarding rabbits

In article , Bob G wrote:
That fellow's chickens, if he's provided them wind breaks, adequate
roof so that they can stay dry, acceptable bedding materials, and
decent food. Are just fine. Provided he assures they have or can get
liquid water. A wild bird has the option of searching for water. A
caged one does not.

I provide them plenty of food. When it's warm, it is my leftovers,
which I boil for them into a srt of a soup. When it's cold,m it is
dry chicken feed.

I also have a heated pet bowl where I insert the waterer.

They live in a wind protecting shed.

In fact his chickens probably are quite happy to feel relatively safe
from fox, coyote, wolf, bobcat, or cougar, etc.

I take that back, as they've almost certainly never been wild, they've
likely never had to learn to fear such wild and natural predators.

And as he provides them plentiful food, if he does, for a critter,
they're probably fat, happy, and sassy. Figuring they have a pretty
easy life. As compared to their cousins. Most of whom will die very
early in their lives, never seeing maturity at all.

You should think before posting material which might cause others to
wonder if yah know a damned thing about the animals you say you care
so much about.

Bob