Old 19-01-2004, 09:42 PM
Cheryl Isaak

Default OT 'BABY IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!'

I sure would have been tempted to stop!
Cheryl

On 1/19/04 10:10 AM, in article
, "D Kat"
wrote:

It's not the schools - it is the parents. You have to have training and
get a licence for just about everything except for what is most important to
our society - being a parent. I was appalled a couple of years ago to see a
young girl (at most 7 years old), standing outside in sub freezing weather
waiting for the bus wearing a short skirt with light tights and shaking with
the cold. The mother was watching warmly from inside the house. They had
recently moved in next door and had lived in Florida. What do you do at
moments like that? Pull over (was driving to work) and say "this isn't
Florida and your child needs winter clothing you idiot"?
DKat

wrote in message
On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 14:04:05 GMT, Cheryl Isaak Lol. Schools are
closed in New England because its cold in the winter.

No, actually, schools are closed to give everyone a four day weekend.
Well, not everyone, just those lucky enough to be off on Monday.
Mainly teachers BSEG
Ann,
That evil little thought crossed my mind too!
Cheryl
As a former teacher, that is an EVIL thought. If we had closed schools

every
time the thermometer reached -10 in MN, we would have missed at least

half
of January and part of early February.
Hey - want to come teach in NH? We could use you and its warmer here!
Seriously, there a lot of cases of frostbite the previous two days - kids
just weren't dressed properly for the cold and lots of buses ran late

5-10
minutes. I can imagine between that and the heating costs (there is a
constant stream in and out of all the buildings), it was the wiser move.

Kids weren't dressed properly, don't they teach that in school? Some
common sense classes may be in order

Swyck