Old 19-01-2004, 10:12 PM
Peter H

Default North America After the Collapse

wrote:

"Heynony" wrote in message

Certainly he was exaggerating, but 20 acre plots aren't all that large.

You could throw a rock "almost" a hundred yards - as a kid? Correct me if
I'm wrong but I don't think the best quarterbacks in the NFL can throw the
entire length of a football field.

Assuming a perfect square, 20 acres would be 312 yards on a side. The
very best NFL quarterbacks can, under duress, throw 50-55 yards with a
modicum of accuracy. An outfielder in baseball is expected to only reach
1st, 2nd, or 3rd base with a deep throw (40-50 yards) & then the
accuracy will be questionable at best (it's usually not even close).

Pete H

--
We are all of one nation, all of one creed
We are all out of nature, all of one seed