Old 19-01-2004, 10:26 PM

Default North America After the Collapse

Heynony wrote:

Certainly he was exaggerating, but 20 acre plots aren't all that large.

Plenty large for self-sufficiency if used properly. It mostly depends on
climate and soil conditions, though.

Unless I can't do math in my head anymore (quite possible): if your
house was offset 80% off center towards the neighbor's lot and his
front porch offset similarly toward yours (not totally unreasonable),
the throw would be possible, I think (I could throw a rock close to 100
yards as a kid and I was far from the best).

Well, lessee...
An acre is 43,560 sq ft, so a 20 acre square would be 871,200 sq ft, or
about 933 feet on a side. Now, why in the hell would I put my house close
to the neighbors when I can easily put it in the middle, 400+ feet away
from them?

--
Joe Bramblett, KD5NRH