Old 19-01-2004, 11:19 PM
Vox Humana

Default today's Victory Garden (PBS) 1/17

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 1/19/04 11:10 AM, in article ,
"Vox Humana" wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 1/17/04 6:24 PM, in article

,
"Ann" wrote:

Salty Thumb expounded:

did anybody catch today's Victory Garden? I just missed it (just

caught
the "comedy" about stealing an orange). I thought it was supposed to

be
about greenhouses (the website
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/victorygarden/
has a
transcript on terrariums, though ... is that what aired?). I'm

wondering
if anything useful was said, or if it was just a 'come buy this neat
product' segment.
'

The first part was about restored greenhouses, kinda interesting, then
they went to Tower Hill and talked about terrariums, but not
thoroughly.

That's a repeat. I stopped watching - the guy is such a drag; that

laugh
is
awful!

It has become a "lifestyle" show like all the fluff on HGTV.

But WHO's lifestyle!

It's for people who live their lives by proxy though the likes of Martha
Stewart and Emeril. The viewers don't actually sew, cook or garden, they
just like to look. So, in that respect, these shows don't have to reflect a
specific person's lifestyle nor do they have to impart facts or be accurate.
You can watch it and fantasize about how nice it would be to have tea in
your restored Victorian Lord and Bernham greenhouse. If the plants don't
grow in your zone or the recipe is faulty, it doesn't matter. It's sad but
true.