Old 19-01-2004, 11:20 PM
Salty Thumb

Default today's Victory Garden (PBS) 1/17

Cheryl Isaak wrote in
:

On 1/17/04 10:34 PM, in article
, "Salty Thumb"
wrote:

Ann wrote in
:

Cheryl Isaak expounded:

That's a repeat. I stopped watching - the guy is such a drag; that
laugh is awful!

I hadn't seen it, but I know what you mean about that guy, he drives
me crazy.

Thanks for the info, Ann. I don't really like either of them,
Michael Weishan (host) or the English dude (they guy that gets all
the new electro gizmos). They're like two kids in a candy store ...
a little too enthusiastic and not serious enough. And, just once I'd
like to see Weishan in the cooking segment say, "man that's worst
**** I've ever tasted" Kip Vickers seems to have the greenest thumb
on the show, but he seems a little too serious and not enthusiatic
enough to get a lot of people to watch.

Remember the hosta segment - I know him from the New England daylily
group. He said that MW is first class jerk and the crew had no clue.

I've met Kip once or twice. Nice guy, but way too serious.

I've come to miss Maid Marion's cooking segments; I like the idea of
the visiting chefs but keep MW off the set.

Cheryl

What happened in the hosta segment? I think I've only seen the first six
episodes. I'm not even sure if it's the still the first season with new
host or if it's up to the second.