Old 19-01-2004, 11:33 PM
Bob G

Default North America After the Collapse

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 20:28:34 GMT, Alan Connor wrote:

That's funny. I remember the Internet in the Pacific Northwest being down
for a half a day a while back because some farmer got careless with a backhoe.

It is still dependent on microwave links and fiber-optic cables are more
vulnerable than copper ones.

A few teams of saboteurs could bring down the Internet right now, and never
be caught.

They'd just have to sever T1 lines over and over again, and it isn't possible
to patrol the hundreds of thousands of miles of them...

AC

Geez, Alan

Chuckle, you are funny. Thanks, I needed the laugh.

Bob