Old 20-01-2004, 05:32 AM

Default North America After the Collapse

On 2004-01-20, Noah Simoneaux wrote:
On 19 Jan 2004 20:41:11 GMT, wrote:
Well, lessee...
An acre is 43,560 sq ft, so a 20 acre square would be 871,200 sq ft, or
about 933 feet on a side. Now, why in the hell would I put my house close
to the neighbors when I can easily put it in the middle, 400+ feet away
from them?

I was wondering the same thing. My neighbor(on the other piece of
property I own) built his house about 100 feet from my fence on his
10 acres. My 10 acres is mostly sloping, with the only fairly level
piece being next to that same fence, so we're about like neighbors
in the suburbs there. The neighbor's 10 acres is mostly level, so
they could have built their house anywhere on it.

I bet that he was quoted an enormous fee to extend the water and
electric lines any further than near your fence. In my case, when I
hooked up to the rural water system I saved close to $1,000 by
avoiding the need to make another road cut to get to the water main on
the other side of the road (they instead tee'ed off from behind my
grandmother's water meter on my side of the road, and put my water
meter right beside hers). Then I had the fun of running the actual
water line from the water meter to my home (oh joy, slogging manual
labor with shovel).

--
Eric Green
http://news.badtux.net/