Old 20-01-2004, 11:42 AM
Cereoid-UR12-

Default Q. ponytail palm lost it's top, bad shape

Not anymore.

Beaucarnea, Nolina, Dasylirion and Calibanus were in their own family
Nolinaceae but now they are included in an expanded concept of Ruscaceae
(including Convallariaceae and Eriospermaceae)!!

Tom Jasz wrote in message
news
This plant...not a palm...is very sensitive to overwatering. Here in
the desert SW I water my potted once a month!

Beaucarnea recurvata or B. stricta is an Agavaceae

On 19 Jan 2004 21:24:52 GMT, c (TOM KAN PA) wrote:

Last summer, we had a ponytail/elephant foot palm on the deck. Someone or
something pulled the top out of it. The top was laying on the deck. Now

the
plant is inside the house, and not doing too good.
There is no new growth coming out of the top, and the growth that is

there is
not looking good.
The other one that suffered no damage outside is doing great!
Is there anything that can be done for the sick one, or should it be

pitched?