Old 20-01-2004, 12:02 PM
Michael Persiano

Default [IBC] american or korean hornbeam

In a message dated 1/19/2004 8:34:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:
I have been looking at hornbeams and can not decide which one to purchase.
Either American or Korean. I live in charlotte which is zone 7b. I'm going to
buy them from evergreen gardenworks. Any comments would be appreciated.
In my opinion, the Korean Hornbeam is a superior specimen for bonsai culture.
Its leaves are quite desirable in size, and if the proper techniques are
used, you can develop outstanding ramification.

See
http://members.aol.com/iasnob/Koreanhornbeamwinter.html for an image of
one of my trees. This collected specimen has been under design work for 15
years.

Cordially,

Michael Persiano
members.aol.com/iasnob/index.html

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mark Zimmerman++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++