Old 20-01-2004, 12:32 PM
Secret Asian Man

Default Privacy hudge suggestions for Houston, TX

"J Kolenovsky" wrote in message
Yes, plant it and it'll be dead in 2 years with OLS.

Nonsense. My oleander is pushing 8 years old. The oleander on the beltway
medians is over 10.

http://www.cnr.berkeley.edu/xylella/oleander.html.
OLS exists in texas.

Cancer also exists in Texas. That doesn't mean we all die from cancer.

Secret Asian Man wrote:

"meanbeagle" wrote in message
One word "OLEANDER". Oleander loves Houston's soil and weather.

Good choice. I also use it as a screen. Not only does it grow fast and

hide
unsightly areas, it blooms profusely in May and June. For a
"stick-it-in-the-ground-and-forget-it" large shrub, oleander can't be

beat.
It's so tough that they plant it on freeway medians.

--
Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
τΏτ - http://www.celestialhabitats.com - business