Old 20-01-2004, 01:12 PM
Frogleg

Default OT 'BABY IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!'

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 18:48:16 -0500, "madgardener"
wrote:

yeah, I'm in Va Beach, but right next to Norfolk. Pretty crazy weather,
huh? One day I thinking, hey I should have started some seeds weeks ago
and the next day it snows.

Funny you should mention the Big Truck ... I went to the Janaf OfficeMax
today to get the spindle of $9.99 DVD-Rs. Was there right when it
opened, asked a clerk where to find them and she says "sorry sold
out" ... and the store just opened! It wasn't like there were hoards of
people walking around with spindles. But then she's say there's a truck
coming in tommorrow. sigh

that's a cop out response from someone not in the receiving section of the
store. Someone just didn't order enough to anticipate the supply and demand
factor, or enough wasn't shipped out.

I'm not so sure. I mean, I'm sure "enough wasn't shipped out," but not
that a local store's personnel are responsible. Salty's experience is
similar to mine and others'. Corporate ads are inserted into local
papers, but local stores have neither input nor any way of controlling
supply. Poor sods. *They* have to deal with disappointed and angry
customers. And write up 'rain checks' for stuff that's *never* going
to show up. Power without responsibility is usually unpleasant;
responsibility without power is humiliating.