Old 20-01-2004, 05:42 PM
Robert Sturgeon

Default North America After the Collapse

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 16:57:47 GMT, Jonathan Ball
wrote:

(snips)

Damn, I knew this theme was something I had seen before
in misc.rural (where I'm following the thread), and it
didn't take me long to find it. It was that FAT ****
Boob Adkins, bragging that he once could throw a
football over 70 yards, and a softball - not a baseball
- 100 yards or more.

I could throw a softball 60 yards or so. A baseball is a
MUCH better missile than a softball. Unfortunately, I don't
have a WayBack machine. I really don't understand why
throwing a baseball 100 yards is such a big deal. Any good
major league outfielder can throw the ball from the foul
line fence to home plate on the fly. They don't do it
because the accuracy tends to fall way off, so they throw to
the cutoff man who can then throw accurately in to home
plate, or to another base if that makes more sense.
Throwing the ball all the way in from the foul line fence is
seldom a Good Idea, but it isn't an impossible feat, either.
Heck, the catcher throws the ball 40 yards with 1 step from
a crouch.

The difference between a major leaguer and an amateur isn't
strength, it's skill.

(rest snipped)

--
Robert Sturgeon,
proud member of the vast right wing conspiracy